Monday, February 4, 2008

Emergency Fix: BWOF 01/05 #134

In spite of all of the positive comments on the BWOF 09/07 #129 dress, I still think it doesn't flatter me. One nameless person (you know who you are, Cidell – LOL!) disagreed with me and accused me of being on crack! A few people suggested a jacket and I've decided to go with that. This jacket is from BWOF 01/2005 #134. I bought some black twill from my favorite Fabric Row fabric store - Kincus Fabrics. This is a fashion emergency and it goes right to the front of my sewing queue. I'd committed to the BWOF Sew-Along at Pattern Review, but those plans have changed. Besides, I don't need a sew along to encourage me to use BWOF. I might be able to resuscitate this outfit with a little sewing CPR. (Complete Pattern Rescue)

4 comments:

  1. Good choice! At least you can now wear the dress. If you still really hate it, you could always do some surgery and make the dress either just a top or a skirt by getting rid of the offending half. In that case, you'll still have a garment for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes. I did accuse you of being on the stuff. Because I really think it looks great. But, I guess we all know what works for each of us. Your last jacket went so well, that I know this is going to look awesome too. Thanks for the new acronym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dress and I think that it's flattering. I'm planning on making up the same pattern myself. One thing that you might want to thing of doing is adding a binding (black, brown or green? the colors on my monitor are weird)to the neckline, so that the lines of the dress are more visible, as well as using the same fabric for the belt. But overall, I would have to say, Good job!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice jacket. Great compliment to the "nice" dress of your previous post. I think the dress looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete