Wednesday, April 25, 2007

If at first you don't succeed .......

This BWOF blouse (04/2006-126) gave me more problems than any other blouse I can remember making. It looks so deceptively simple, but the collar had me tearing my hair out. The first time I attempted this blouse, I had problems with the collar, but somehow I was able to work them out. The second time was an unqualified disaster. But, I'm feeling confident and I may try it again. Here's why:
  • I'm on a roll. My recent BWOF projects have been successful. I haven't scratched my head or rolled my eyes over the sparse, unclear sewing instructions in my last 3 or 4 BWOF projects.
  • I've learned and accepted the value of making a muslin. I can work out any problems on muslin without risking the fashion fabric.
  • I found fabric that would work well with this outfit. I remembered that Nancy's Notions sold quality fabric. I looked through the catalog and found fabric perfect for this blouse and skirt.
  • I don't want to meet St. Peter at the Pearly Gates with this failure in my past. I want to tell St. Peter, "Yeah, I cursed and threw the fabric against the wall in a fit of unbridled anger. But, I tried again and conquered the blouse."
Even though it will be over a month before can I get to this, I just might put this project in my queue. I've declared my intentions in the public blogosphere and it will be simmering on the back burner of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment