Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Next: BWOF 05/06 133 & 130

Hopefully, my next project will look nothing like this photograph. It's not that I don't like the skirt and tunic pictured. I'm just making a few design changes. Actually, I made this outfit last year and it looked nothing like the photograph. I made a careless mistake when sewing the front opening (it's supposed to be a slit- not the Grand Canyon) and I had to cover-up the mistake with an unplanned design change. This time, my design changes to the front are intentional. The tunic pictured has hooks and eyes holding the front slit together. I'm going to have buttons and button loops instead. I'm making good on my resolution to step away from the instructions provided.

I bought the fabric on my last trip to Les Fabriques in Charlottesville. I hadn't decided to make any changes at the time I bought the fabric, so I wasn't sure what notions to buy. As I result, I didn't buy as many buttons as I needed. I looked around for buttons I liked as well as the ones I bought in Charlottesville, but I didn't find any. I emailed a picture of the buttons to my daughter and she went to Les Fabriques to get the extra buttons for me. (Thank God for daughters and email)

7 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh really pretty fabric and buttons! This is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice fabric and great choice for the buttons. Your blouse will look great with the button and loop idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice fabric and pretty buttons. Should look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for stepping beyond the pattern! Since you've already made this once, it should be easier to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking fabric. I have not been to Les Fabrique in awhile. I am on vacation after Christmas and perhaps plan a trip there. Maybe they will be having an after Christmas sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just traced and altered that tunic. Yours looks great on you. I changed mine too. I couldn't believe how low the neckline is. I made mine shorter, so my bra won't show! I am also leaving off the cuffs and using 2 widths of petersham trim a la Tory Burch. I am using a black and white print for mine. My son and dil live in Roanoke Va. now and we've been thinking of a weekend in Charlotteslville since the NY Times did one of their 36 hours articles. A good fabric store is always a good enticement.

    ReplyDelete