Thursday, June 5, 2008

Good Times

It's been a wonderful week!

My daughter graduated from high school and delivered a fantastic salutatory address. Her graduation party was a success. My sister and young niece arrived safely and we had a fun day at the Philadelphia Zoo on Monday. My brother came for the graduation and brought some plants "even I can't kill" for my front yard.

I would love to post more pictures, but apparently I taught the lesson on Internet safety and anonymity too well. Although she has dozens of pictures on her face book page and her friends' face book pages, she doesn't want her picture on my blog because she "doesn't know those people." (Imagine … she is distrustful of the Online Sewing Buddies!) As a compromise, I've posted a picture of her delivering her speech. Her face is only partially visible, but the spirit of the occasion is captured.

But, even the best of times must come to an end and I have to get back to the boring, normal routine. Special occasions, like graduations, would be less special without the contrast of boring, normal routines.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy all went well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and your dd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a big hearty congrats to your family on DD's achievement. My DD won't let me show her face on my sewing blog either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both. Very wonderful, Elaray! I know how very proud you must be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you and your family! How exciting for you and her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations - you certainly have a daughter to be proud of! Sound like you had a great time with family. I look forward to seeing more of your creations soon.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to you and your DD! What a wonderful accomplishment for both of you.
    and to know that under that blue robe was an outfit you made for her! How special.

    Lynda in LV

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just thrilled for you, and for your dd.
    You must be one proud mama.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Graduations are one of my favorite celebrations.

    ReplyDelete