Monday, May 21, 2007

Isn't It Ironic?

Some of you may remember the knock-down-drag-out fight I had with a BWOF blouse pattern. I vowed not to let that pattern beat me and I went back for more. Well, let me tell you, I whipped that pattern until it screamed for mercy and I successfully completed that Freakin' Collar. But, that's not the end of the story. I bought one of the Butterick Connie Crawford patterns today … the first non-Burda pattern I’ve bought in months. And guess what collar treatment is used?????? You got it -- the "Freakin' Collar". ( That’s the way I think of it now -- The “Freakin’ Collar” in capital letters) But, Connie Crawford and Butterick simplified the construction significantly. BWOF treated the upper and lower collar separately. Butterick treated the two collar pieces as one. BWOF had you sew the corner in two steps, stopping at the pivot point and then clipping the corner. Butterick has you clip the corner, stretch it straight and sew it all at once. Don't I sound knowledgeable now that I've been through the fire!

The whole situation is really rather funny. Something always happens to remind me I shouldn't take myself, or my sewing, too seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, it just figures. But you will soon be a collar expert!

    Thing is, I've probably used all these methods. But if you dont' do one for awhile, you forget anyway and have to go back and look it up. I do anyway.

    ReplyDelete