Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Snow Ball Gown: Epilogue

I finally got my daughter into the gown I finished two months ago. She really had no choice. The Snow Ball was tonight! Actually, she tried it on last week so I could hem it, but Milady would not allow her picture to be taken at that time. Much too busy, you know. I would have loved to show the entire picture, but my daughter doesn't want her face online. I wouldn't let her put her photo on Facebook, so I didn't push the issue. That would make me a hypocrite. (How many parents have been accused of hypocrisy?) I didn't have permission to put her date online, so I had to crop him out, too. Trust me – he looked handsome and she looked beautiful!

Fortunately, Daughter's tastes are very basic (much like her mom) and the dress was very easy to make. I underlined it with organza and lined it with the coordinated lining JoAnn sells. I would have preferred to use a fabric with some natural fibers in it, but I we only went to JoAnn's to shop. When did teenage girls get too busy to shop? I love sewing for her, but she doesn't realize the time commitment I need from her for shopping and fitting. Maybe I better get started on the Senior Prom dress now!


10 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job on this dress! What a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks great, it's a very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of style and color! She's really lovely and the style shows off her nice arms and shoulders. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job! The dress fits like a glove and she looks stunning in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is lovely. Fits her beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress. It is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so beautifully and looks fantastic on her. The look like a gorgeous (albeit headless) couple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is beautiful. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a wonderful job on that dress!My dd is four now and I hope when she gets older that I will be able to make gowns like that.

    ReplyDelete