Sunday, September 23, 2007

I've Been Tagged

When I started seeing "You've Been Tagged" posts, I hoped no one would ever tag me. But Nancy got me.

Here is my list of 8 things you wouldn't know about me.
  1. I absolutely love beach vacations – especially Hilton Head.
  2. I can't finish a non-fiction book to save my life.
  3. My guilty pleasure: I've been watching "The Young and the Restless" for more than 20 years.
  4. My mother died suddenly when my brother was 8, I was 6, and my sister was 5 months. I'm eternally thankful to my father for deciding to keep us together in spite of pressure from well-meaning relatives.
  5. I lost everything, except what I chose to keep for sentimental reasons, in a fire in 1993. Neither my daughter nor I were at home when the fire started. Two months later, my father died. Surviving those experiences definitely made me stronger and strengthened my faith in God.
  6. I love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I read "Lean Mean Thirteen" twice in one weekend.
  7. I enjoy making soap. When I first started, I made enough soap to last about 18 months! Now, all my oils have gone bad and I have to start all over again!
  8. In spite of taking piano lessons throughout most of my childhood, I have no musical talent, whatsoever. None. Nada. Zilch. But in my mind, I'm Nina Simone.
Whew! That was hard! Forgive me, but I'm going to be a bad sport and not tag anyone else right now. I want to see who has not yet been tagged.

Thanks a lot, Nancy! I'll get you for this! :)

Art: "Tag You're It" Sylvia Wald

2 comments:

  1. You've been through so much - truly thanks to God for bringing you though and sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I don't know how anyone gets through life without faith.

    ReplyDelete