Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Won't SWAP. Don't Ask Me.

A SWAP is too much for me. I have nothing but respect (and envy) for those who can complete SWAPs. However, I really like the idea of sewing several coordinating pieces so, I’m going to set a more realistic goal and sew a Wardrobe Collection rather than a SWAP. (See Carolyn's version) This idea is not new and the hard work has already been done for me. I subscribe to Vogue Fabrics Coordinated Swatch Club, wherein fabrics are arranged in coordinating groups. BWOF shows garments that can be mixed and matched. Consider the following pieces (plus size collection) from the 02/2006 issue of BWOF:

The stylists at BWOF selected fabrics that allow the pieces to be mixed and matched. If I don’t want to use my brain at all, I can copy their fabric selections, i.e. solid blouse with print skirt, matching jacket and pants. Or, I can go out on a limb and try my own combinations. I won’t have to go out too far on that limb because Vogue Swatches are already coordinated. All I have to do is sew.

Hey! I just invented The Lazy Busy Person’s SWAP!

8 comments:

  1. I can completely relate. The idea of a swap makes my brain hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never tried it either, I love seeing them, but i can't commit to doing one

    ReplyDelete
  3. No to steal your thunder, but I have first-hand knowledge that you did not invent the lazy version swap. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, if this is what works for you, I say go for it! Sewing 11 coordinating garments is not for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think people should do what works for them. Some people need a plan while others have a since of style of their own. I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on this! Hell, I can't even get a wardrobe pattern together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to your comments. I am so impressed with the SWAPPER's garments. Just have a coordinating few garments works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been trying to complete to collections. I'm struggling to complete one of them before the fall is over. I should have started out a lot smaller with four or five pieces. Grrr..., I like your collection.

    ReplyDelete