Monday, October 15, 2007

The Senior Snowball Gown - Pt. 1

DD's Senior Snowball is exactly two months away and I'm starting the gown tonight! I've never believed in waiting until the last minute. I want to finish this dress and get back to sewing for myself. [naughty, selfish mommy!] I want to allow time to handle any issues that may come up. And, it looks like there my be some issues coming up. While tracing piece #7, I noticed an error that didn't give me a whole lot of confidence in the pattern. My plan is to do a little every evening. I can make progress without trying to sew when I'm distracted and tired. I have to do this at a time when work is a major PITA and I've been bringing bad moods home with me. [never a good idea] I should be able to get in some quality sewing time in spite of my mood.

I did learn a few things from the last gown, which was also a Simplicity. DD's measurements matched those give for size 12, so that's what I traced and cut. The muslin seemed a little big on her, but I didn't trust my eyes and made the top in a size 12 anyway. Needless to say, the top was too big and I had to make a second top. [luckily, I bought extra fabric] So this time I traced a size 10 first. When the time comes for the Senior Prom, I'm going to try to steer DD away from Simplicity.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I saw 'starp' and I started laughing so hard I nearly cried! I think they need a spell checker for their pattern drafting software!

    ReplyDelete