Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Snow Ball Gown - Pt. 4 - Final Chapter

Look closely at the photo of DD's gown. The major sewing is done, but one thing is missing.

My Daughter!

Getting her to try on anything I make for her is nearly impossible. Now I remember why I started this dress two months in advance. I want to know if this gown will need boning. I want to know if she still wants the sew-on jewels on the back straps. They need to be sewn on by hand -- individually! It may take us a month to find the right bra. I wish we could get her shoes this weekend; then I could hem the dress. But I know she will never agree to that!!! Why do things early when you can wait until the last minute!!! I want to finish this dress so I can get back to sewing for myself! Waaaaaaa!

Whew! Now that I got that off my chest, I feel better. Believe it or not, I really enjoy sewing for my daughter. And I don't expect her to wait around the house 24/7 until I finish the dress. She's 18 yrs old, after all. I'm lucky she lets me sew for her at all. She's a wonderful young lady and she was very pleased when she first saw the dress coming together.

But, I am eager to get back to sewing for myself.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how your daughter looks in it. My daughter just will not let me sew for her so count yourself lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is beautiful, but I want to see pics with her wearing it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a great mom you are. Great dress so cute. :) Hope everything work out ok with the sewing the jewels and finding the right bra.:) great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is gorgeous. I hope your daughter will cave in and model it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress really looks great on the hangar....good luck "finishing" everything. I have teenagers, I know what you are going through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Mom Not Allowed to Sew here, sniff sniff. Yours is fabulous in that red - really snazzy.

    ReplyDelete