|Second muslin without the bodice changes|
My LBD isn't going to be so L. According to the pattern description, this dress is "fitted". I made the first muslin in my usual size and it was a little too "fitted" so I went up a size. After studying the muslin, I decided to make the bodice a little longer.
Part Two: New Attitude
I've had to change the way I sew while working on this dress. My last several projects were cranked out in record speed. This dress is the polar opposite. I made two muslins, which means I traced all of the pattern pieces TWICE! Things moved quickly once the tracing was finished. I haven't traced the jacket yet. I'm going to save that until the dress is completely finished. Hopefully, working on the jacket separately will allow me to fool myself into thinking I'm working on a different project.
Part Three: Sparkles!