Friday, June 26, 2009

Next: BWOF 03-06-131C and 04-06-126

I've done a little mindless sewing, I've done some house-cleaning, and most importantly, the 2008-09 school year is history. Now, I'm ready to lose myself in my next sewing project.These patterns come from my BWOF Archives and I've made both before (the pants in the longer length). BWOF's method for a notched collar is unusual and has given me a little trouble in the past. Eventually, I mastered it, but I will probably practice the collar one more time before I start the blouse.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but the blue fabric is actually a stripe – like seer-sucker without the puckers. Since the blouse is white linen, I want to do a little something to make it coordinate with the capris. I plan to add some subtle touches of blue to the blouse, including the blue buttons pictured. I have other plain white tops, so it's not a problem if I can't wear the blouse with anything else. While I'm practicing the collar, I can play around with some ideas.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ta- Daaaaa!

Here is my quilt top! If I remember, I'll take my camera to the next class and show my classmate's quilts. The final two classes will cover batting, backing, quilting and binding and we'll be finished.
It just so happens the colors of the quilt match the color scheme in my sewing room, so I'm hanging this quilt no matter how it looks when it's finished!

10 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt. I love the pants fabric and I have been wanting to make those pants, maybe I'll pull the pattern out. Your BWOF pants are always great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at you, you made a quilt! I plan on making one for DD this summer, and I already have the Amy Butler charm pack to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful quilt.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilt top- such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for finishing the school year! Love the quilt - the fabrics look grea together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the patience to quilt, this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt! Make a beautiful outfit with those blue and white fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt top, the colors look so good together. :)

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! Your quilt top looks great! Aren't quilts fun? I am taking a one block wonder class in July. I am really excited to make it.
    Also, those capris are going to look great and that will be a cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete