Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Finished: BWOF 03-07-129

This is the closest thing I have to a TNT blouse since I made it once before. (Click for review). I only made one change. This time, I used Nancy Zeiman's "Express Collar", ( Sewing Express, Oxmoor House, 1994) on both the collar and collar band. Louise Cutting demonstrates this method on the Threads Insider Techniques DVD vol. 1. This method really does eliminate bulk at the front of a collar and makes a neater appearance. The picture shows how thin the front of the collar can be using this method. I changed the shape of the front of the collar band slightly and used the same bulk-reducing method. The collar band needed to be less circular and more angular in order for this method to work. There is a very slight drawback to this method. Due to the shape of the altered collar, more fabric is required when laying out. I always buy more fabric than is required, so it wasn't a problem. I like the results and I'll definitely be using this method again.

As is my habit, I made pants to go with this blouse (BWOF 03-07-130) but I didn't photograph them. I didn't like the way the fabrics looked together once I put them on. Luckily, I had pants in my closet that coordinated better with the blouse.

9 comments:

  1. It looks so summery! :-) I really like the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fit! Really nice blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fit of this blouse,it is perfect on you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the blouse. I see you matched the print in the front perfectly. Beautiful color and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, wow, that collar is super thin at the point. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice fitting blouse. Like Summerset said, very super thin point with collar, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a flat, thin point at the collar. I'll have to look into that method.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete