Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Need a Break!

Sewing is my hobby. I sew to relax. Lately, some tension has crept into my otherwise relaxing hobby because I haven't been happy with the fabrics with which I've been working. So, it's time for a detour – a little side trip to Kwik Sew Land.

Kwik Sew patterns are not the most stylish, but there is nothing better for the mindless sewing I need right now. If there is an easier pattern, I'd like to see it. Even the tracing is easier! In addition to providing some relaxing sewing time, this project will provide some much needed summer sleepwear. After one or two night gowns, tanks and shorts using some cotton prints, I'll be ready for some more strenuous sewing.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

BTW, I ended up sewing the "conflicted" plaid shirt (Click for review). It will be a great blouse for the days I don't leave home!

7 comments:

  1. Even though I rarely sew them, I love Kwik Sew patterns. Sometimes you need those basics. I've been toying around with the idea of sewing a swimsuit and Kwik Sew would be the only pattern I would consider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am heading into mindless sewing land myself, just as soon as I finish this faux Chanel jacket...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need an easy breezy project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen about the tracing--it doesn't look like a road map! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hear you! Wonder why I've been making knits recently?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love KwikSew patterns. The instructions are always so good and you can let the fabric take care of "the details". And I love that you are making up some fun fabrics for your PJs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sewing PJs is just what you need. Even if they don't fit just right or look great, they can still be worn and serve your purpose. I desperately need summer jammies. I like the pattern your using so after your review, I may have to order it.

    ReplyDelete