- The blouse is too short. It will be easy to add about two inches to to bottom.
- The top points of the waist darts are too high. Back when I had a waist, I was slightly high-waisted. The darts are in the general area of where my waist used to be. My breasts dropped at about the same time my waist disappeared, so I'll have to lower the top dart points. I was prepared to eliminate a waist dart if I needed more room, but (Thank you, sewing gods) it wasn't necessary. My new BFF Sandra Betzina promised "increased girth" around the waist and she delivered.
- There is too much room in the bust area. I like the shoulder fit, but the bust circumference could be decreased. Imagine that. Me. Decreasing the bust (or any) circumference.
Now, this is more like it! I added two inches to the bottom. I like the hemline where it is, so I'll use my rotary cutter guide arm to add a hem allowance when I cut out. I lowered the top points of all of the waist darts by 3/4". I used my favorite method of fitting patterns and pivoted 3 inches out of the bust circumference. After the changes, the blouse looks more like the picture in my mind.
I'm glad I made the muslin first, but I'm not used to so many fit issues that need attention. I can make BWOFs practically "straight out of the envelope". I haven't decided if this experience will keep me away from future Today's Fit patterns. I liked the challenge of identifying fit issues and problem-solving to fix them. But I don't think I'd like a steady diet of it. Now, on to the pants.