Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hello – Goodbye

No sooner than my daughter returns home from her first year at UVA, she's off to study abroad in Morocco! Yes, Morocco. (I can't get Crosby, Stills & Nash's Marrakesh Express* out of my head!) If she weren't my daughter and I didn't love her so much, I'd be awfully jealous. The farthest I've been from home is San Fransisco. It will be a fantastic opportunity and experience for her. For six weeks, she and her classmates will be alternating between four days taking French classes in Rabat and three days traveling throughout Morocco. I just hope she doesn't get kidnapped by Bedouins. (No offense to my Bedouin readers!)
____________

* CLICK for a little flashback from my generation!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats to your daughter! What a wonderful opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaray. Doesyour daughter sew? I guess she'll be busy. Pray that she'll have a safe and plesant experience. A lady from the sewing lounge (my frequent postings) just returned from Morocco. She enjoyed it.

    UVA is a good school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am jealous. Ha, Ha. Hope she has a wonderful time ... oh, yea, and "learns a lot, too.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, jealous! I have always wanted to go to Morocco. Great opportunity for your daughter. Good luck to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky girl. And I'm sure she'll grow up a lot during the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous, too! You know, the European patternreview get together will be in Paris in November. Moms should get to travel, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice. This sounds like a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an opportunity for you daughter. I am jealous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful for her to visit another country. I think every young person should experience a different culture for themselves. We sometimes forget we're not the only ones living on this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I am so totally jealous. I would love to go to Morocoo. What a fantastic opportunity for her! She'll need to bring you home a fabric present.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fantastic for your daughter!

    We need to get a sewing cruise together where we travel to exotic places and buy fabric; onboard we take classes taught by sewing experts. I'd so go...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. I just ran across your blog today. My husband is from Rabat. I have been there several times. You should ask your daughter to bring home some fabric for you. I love the fabric shops (souks) there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. To be that young again. The world is a sponge to be soaked up. Tell her to take many pics and yes bring back fabric for you. Tell her to have a great time.

    ReplyDelete