Friday, March 7, 2008

Next: BWOF 12/04 #144 Blouse & 09/05 #129C Pants

My next project is a simple blouse from the December 2004 issue of BWOF and simple pants from the September 2005 issue. Some people talk about making something from each BWOF issue as it comes. I'm sure some people actually accomplish that. Not me. I see my collection of BWOFs as a pattern catalog. I flip through my BWOF index and select the patten that suits my current need, never thinking about the fact that it came from an issue 3 to 4 years old. I think these particular styles are classic and won't look too dated. I'm not so sure about the fabric, though. I was really in love with the print fabric when I bought it. I still like it, just not as much. I guess it was infatuation, not love.

I've got the patterns traced off, but I won't be able to start the actual sewing on this project for several days. My brother and sister-in-law are visiting this weekend and I have to disassemble my sewing room. When I first bought this house and had a permanent sewing space, I referred to it as a "sewing/guest" room. I didn't want my guests to feel like they were sleeping in a sewing room. I've certainly done a "one-eighty" on that opinion! Now, I almost resent my guests for making me take apart my sewing room. Notice, I said "almost". I love my brother and I'm happy and excited he's able to visit. But it would be nice to be able to sew while he's at the 76ers basketball game he's planning to attend. Oh, well. We all must make sacrifices for our families, mustn't we.

4 comments:

  1. LOL. Just this morning I was flipping through some old BWOFs looking for a pattern match to some fabric. You and I are cut from the same cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! I think the tie front blouse I made last month is the FIRST thing I have made out of a current issue. No, I take that back. I did make that black pleated jacket a few months ago. But most of the time, I really enjoy looking back through past issues (I have a binder of info as well) and making whatever I'm looking for. BTW, I really like the two new patterns you've chosen. Very classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also enjoy looking through my old Burda's and often make items from issues that are several years old. I have over 10 years of the monthly mags. I admire your index, but don't think I could be that organized. I love the fabric you have chosen for the blouse. Looking forward to seeing the completed garment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL You mean you're supposed to sew from them? I must spend hours looking through my collection for the perfect pattern to match my fabric. Sometimes I actually use them.

    ReplyDelete