This project will be notable for several reasons.
- After nearly four months, I'm finally getting to use some of the fabric I bought in NYC last July. I'm using the rust wool for the pants and I ordered a tie-dyed silk from Vogue Fabrics Store for the blouse (see previous post – Nov. 5, 2007)
- This will be my first time working with a border print and I'm looking forward to playing with the layout. One of the "Creative Ideas" pictured on the pattern envelope uses a border print, so I'm assured my fabric choice is appropriate. (Unfortunately, I'm still susceptible to making poor fabric choices.)
- I'm using my redesigned blouse pattern. (see previous post – Nov. 3, 2007)
- The pants are lined. I've made fly front pants like these hundreds of times but it's been years since I lined pants.