Here is the Freakin' Placket in a nutshell:
- The fold lines and center front were clearly marked on the placket piece with thread tracing.
- The placket piece was folded in half and stitched to the right side of the front. The seam allowance was pressed to the front and top stitched in place.
- Buttonholes were worked on the center front line.
- The outer edge was folded over to cover the buttonholes.
- The placket was finished with short satin stitch zig-zags to hold it in place.
It is really unfair to call this the Freakin' Placket, because it did not give me the same trouble the Freakin' Collar gave me. Eighteen months ago, this treatment would have intimidated me only because it was new and different. And honestly, when I first read the instructions, I freaked a little. But, now that I've had more experience with BWOF, I was more confident in my attack. To paraphrase Oliver Hazard Perry, "I have met the Freakin' Placket and it is mine".