Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Sister's NYC Dress

When I went to the Garment District in NYC with my sister, she also bought some fabric. It's been many years since she sewed anything. But she got caught up in the frenzy and bought some fabric from Metro Textiles. She made this dress: Butterick 5001. Now that she has earned her MA, she has more time to sew. This dress represents her return to sewing! I plan to encourage her endeavors as much as possible. I promised I would post her picture when she finished the dress. I'm visiting her because she had a party to celebrate earning her MA.

The following is from Sis:

"I really had fun making this dress! I had to make a second bodice with alterations, since the regular pattern dimensions were way too short for my torso. The first time I wore it was to church, and afterwards, my husband took this picture in our back yard. I've gotten lots of compliments on the dress, and I look forward to my next sewing project (probably school clothes for our 2 daughters)."

7 comments:

  1. How fantastic! What a terrific looking dress. I swear, the sewing bug is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is perfect for her! Congrats to your sister on the MBA and new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell her she looks great, and talented, too. Next, help her start a blog! She's built like me and looks so good, I think I'll buy that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, that is a nice dress! and wrap-style dresses are very "in" these days. it's a good thing the Butterick 5001 has 2 other views, so that the dress can be made 2 more times, to wear -year-round! time to buy more fabric??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your sister! and what a fabulous dress that looks fabulous on her. Tell her we all want a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress looks great! I too am just getting back into sewing. Good for your sister that instead of giving up when the first bodice didn't fit she went ahead and made a second one with alterations. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. the dress is awesome! Congrats to your sister on her MA!

    ReplyDelete