Friday, August 2, 2013

Finished: BPF SS-08-403B and 406B

Technical drawings
It's been quite a long time since I've made one of my matchy-matchy-bought-to-go-together outfits.  I made this outfit with fabric I bought at Britex during PR Weekend in San Francisco.  The patterns are from the Spring/Summer 2008 issue of Burda Plus Style.





Blouse SS-08-406B
Pattern Sizing:
This patten is from Burda's Plus Size collection.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Burda's instructions are what they are.  They are no longer and issue for me.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the way the darts were part of the design details.  The bust darts started in the armscye.  There are also front darts and darts in the back.  I see the darts as a design detail and not just a feature to define the shape of the blouse.

Fabric Used:
I used a batik.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I never liked the collar on this blouse.  The collar and the v-neck were not a good combination for me, so I left it off.  I liked the purely decorative draw string, but I didn't include it.

Conclusion:
This pattern could very easily become a TNT - even though it is already five years old.


Pants SS-08-403B
Pattern Sizing:
From Burda's plus size collection.  These pants and the above blouse are featured together.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I really liked the design details in these pants.  I wanted something casual and sporty like cargo pants – with decorative seams and lots of pockets. This pattern was the closest I had to what I wanted.  I especially wanted pants I could roll up into capris, but that is not what I got.  The length is more cropped than capri.  I should have chosen another seam finish if I planned to wear these rolled up.  But since the length is a little strange I may not wear them rolled up.

Fabric Used:
I used a lightweight twill.  Perfect weight for summer.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I seldom make pattern alterations to my Burdastyle patterns.  I'm not as fit-picky as I should be.

Conclusion:
I like these pants as pants.  I suppose I could adjust the pants so they rolled up to a shorter length.  But they are finished now and I'm ready to move on to another creation.

8 comments:

  1. WOW these are great. As for not making fit changes, I don't think you needed any. I love the batik. Do you use Rayon batiks or cotton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar blouse pattern, never thought to use one of my batiks to make it. You look cool and comfortable. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice choice of fabrics. The outfit looks well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great, Elaray. You sound like me, when I am finished which a project, I hate to go back and redo. Great pictures,too, I like seeing your face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely great outfit. You look pretty and well put together. Do it again? Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fantastic outfit and I love the blouse in the cotton batik! I especially love that you're now taking pictures showing your face...it really makes the outfit to see your smile!

    ReplyDelete