- I had fabric for a top and no fabric for a coordinating bottom. It makes me uncomfortable to have "old maid" fabrics. I couldn't rest until I had a mate for a piece I bought last week.
- I wanted to see the new location. When I was at G Street last year, everyone was talking about the move to a new location. I prefer the new location. It's smaller and therefore it doesn't feel overwhelming.
- It's not like I'm in Rockville, MD everyday. If I didn't take this opportunity, who knew when I would have another chance?
- Traffic wasn't horrible and I was making good time on the road. Usually, the traffic nightmare in the Baltimore/D. C. area makes me agitated and tense. I timed my departure so I'd miss the morning rush hour. I needed to reward my terrific planning and judgment.
- I had Onstar GPS and presumably couldn't get lost. Since I didn't plan to visit G Street, I didn't print out Mapquest directions. But, thank goodness for GPS. I did get a little lost because of the construction in the area, but I made it with minimal headaches.
I think I did pretty good!
Once I got to Charlottesville, I visited Les Fabriques, my planned fabric stop. And, wonder of wonders, I didn't find one piece of fabric I wanted to buy! I liked a bolt of tone-on-tone white fabric on the sale table, but I didn't buy it. That is, I didn't buy it until I went back the next day because I remembered I needed a white blouse for the occasions I am a volunteer usher at the Walnut Street Theater.
Yes, I'm an unapologetic fabri-holic and I must buy fabric!