Thursday, February 11, 2010


You would think being snowed-in for 48 hours would make it easy to get lots of sewing done. But it hasn't worked out that way. Just knowing I can't get out makes me restless - even though I have no place to go! I can only sew in short spurts before I start pacing from window to window to survey the carnage. It's hard to enjoy sewing knowing this …

… is waiting for me. After a hearty breakfast, I'm out to tackle the shoveling. I'm breaking the job into two segments, front and back, which might take most of the day. I don't plan to get to any sewing today, so this …

… will have to wait.


  1. Short stints at shoveling is the best. Thank goodness my dh keeps an old Ram Charger with plow running just for occasions like this! We live a long way from the street aside from the parking area at the house. It really is a bad winter. We've been spoiled for the last couple of years.
    I like that tunic/blouse.

  2. Wow, that's a lot of snow to shovel - you'll definitely be needing that hearty breakfast!

  3. Girlfriend, I take it that there's no way your going to work if you have to shovel. My blog is loaded with pics. I haven't been in all this week & even if they open tomorrow, makes no sense for one day and Monday is a holiday??! Thankfully, my brother has been going out there everyday gradually shoveling so it wouldn't be an all day deal! Now, I'm getting ready to attempt a 2 mile walk to the nearest grocery store. I've done it before..let's just hope I make it back. :-) See ya.

  4. I do the same thing--procrastinating when anything is out of the ordinary in my life. Something different upsets our balance, I suppose. Makes it difficult to concentrate.

  5. Holy cow! That is a LOT of snow! I hope its starting to melt now and you're able to stop watching it pile up, haha!! :D