Hopefully, my next project will look nothing like this photograph. It's not that I don't like the skirt and tunic pictured. I'm just making a few design changes. Actually, I made this outfit last year and it looked nothing like the photograph. I made a careless mistake when sewing the front opening (it's supposed to be a slit- not the Grand Canyon) and I had to cover-up the mistake with an unplanned design change. This time, my design changes to the front are intentional. The tunic pictured has hooks and eyes holding the front slit together. I'm going to have buttons and button loops instead. I'm making good on my resolution to step away from the instructions provided.
I bought the fabric on my last trip to Les Fabriques in Charlottesville. I hadn't decided to make any changes at the time I bought the fabric, so I wasn't sure what notions to buy. As I result, I didn't buy as many buttons as I needed. I looked around for buttons I liked as well as the ones I bought in Charlottesville, but I didn't find any. I emailed a picture of the buttons to my daughter and she went to Les Fabriques to get the extra buttons for me. (Thank God for daughters and email)