Thursday, August 9, 2012

Finished: Burda 8105

This pattern was a quickie.


Pattern Description:
In addition to the sleeveless to, the pattern includes a long sleeved jacket.

Pattern Sizing:
Plus size: European 44 - 58  USA 18 - 32

Were the instructions easy to follow?
So, easy!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The armhole was bound with bias tape and I got to use a recently discovered method of cutting bias tape.  I chose this pattern because I wanted to use the fabric, not because I particularly liked it.

Fabric Used:
At first, I believed this fabric was a quilting cotton.  I'm not so sure anymore.  I think the fabric is a print and not a real dyed batik.  There must be some synthetic fiber in it because it wasn't wrinkled after I washed it.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I'm calling the mis-matched front a design change!  It mis-matches almost perfectly! I don't know how that happened.  Usually if you cut a piece on folded fabric it aligns better than this!.

Conclusion:
This top can be worn with the capris I just finished.


≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ 


Oliso Iron Update

Just about one month ago, I splurged and spent way too much on an Oliso Pro iron.  Major fail!  I loved using the iron.  The auto-lift was cool but I really loved the 30-minute auto shut-off feature. But, my bad luck with expensive irons continued.  The auto-lift feature started making funny noises and froze in the up position so that the soleplate no longer comes in contact with the fabric.  Not a good thing for an iron.

*&^%$ IRON!
And if spending way too much on an iron wasn't humiliating enough - I NO LONGER HAVE THE RECEIPT SO I CAN'T RETURN IT!!!  I had a plan to return the iron that may or may not have been legal, (I'm asserting my 5th amendment rights and keeping the details to myself)  but the plan was thwarted by The Fates.

Lesson learned.  I give up on expensive stuff!

4 comments:

  1. I am with you -- I can't keep the expensive stuff it breaks but the Black & Decker Auto-Shutoff Iron I have has kept on going :LOL: -- I keep looking at the gravity feed irons but know my luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what bad luck on that iron, faulty goods big time. Here in the UK we benefit from a Sale of Good legislation that includes one not necessarily having to provide a sales receipt. Another thought has occurred, IF you used a credit card, could they help, and in this case the fault better sooner rather than later? Whatever, the outcome, still a *&^%$ iron! LauraUK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad luck is right. I still love my gravity feed iron though and it's been with me for quite a few years. Of course I have to remember to shut it off.
    Love your top and certainly great for the hot, muggy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the issue with the iron. I too had my eye on this one but bought a different one.

    Your top is so cute and the fabric situation is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete