Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Quilt in the Queue

Charm squares and yardage
Every once in a while I need to reaffirm the value of online sewing resources.    I'm so grateful for the information and support I get from Online Sewing Buddies.  And shopping online is so convenient.  The most recent inspiration came from Lori of "Sew Forth Now" podcast and "Girls in the Garden" blog and Fat Quarter Shop.

Lori recently made a quilt for her daughter.  I admired the design and emailed her about it.  She told me the quilt was made using "Disappearing Nine Patch" blocks.  (This link includes downloadable PDF directions).  This is my kind of block – very easy!  Anybody can make a nine patch!  I found help with coordinating fabrics by going to Fat Quarter Shop and ordering charm pack sets and coordinating yardage for borders.  Just like that,  I have everything I need for the quilt top. 

Lori led me to an easy quilting pattern and I found a source for coordinated, pre-cut fabrics.  My quilting-bug has been re-born.   I may actually achieve my goal of finishing another quilt.

2 comments:

  1. I love the disappearing nine patch quilt. My Mom and I found one somewhere on the net, and she started making one.

    ReplyDelete