Tuesday, September 2, 2008
I made a big mistake while working on my latest project BWOF 10/2007 #129. While trying to ease the sleeve into the armscye, I realized there was no way this baby was going to fit. I realized I'd traced and cut a sleeve that was 2 sizes larger than the rest of the blouse. So, I went back to Hayes Sewing to buy more of the same fabric, which I really loved. Of course, there was no more fabric. So, I had no choice but to buy more fabric! I really loved the blouse pattern, too and I'm committed to it enough that I don't mind starting all over. It gives me a chance to try the woven fusible interfacing I ordered from Sew Exciting. After reading Lindsay's post about interfacing, I decided to try something other than Pellon. It arrived the day after I used the Pellon on this blouse. Now that I'm starting over, I get to use the woven fusible interfacing. So, there is a sliver of a silver lining.