I finally replaced my stolen camera so I'm finally able to post photographs of my recent projects.
First, BWOF 3/07 #128 – "the dress that was born to live in the back of the closet, unworn and forgotten". I didn't like the color of the fabric at all, so I used it to test a dress pattern I did like. I think there is hope for me and this dress, in spite of the frumpy way it looks in this photograph. I need to position the bust gathers more carefully. If/When I make it again, I'll use a print fabric to distract the eye from the bust gathers. I felt light-colored buttons would make the dress look too much like an old-fashioned nurses uniform so I chose contrasting buttons. (Why would all of this matter, since I don't plan to actually wear this dress, anyway?) I top-stitched with a contrasting thread to match the buttons. The sleeves are supposed to be gathered, but that little detail got funky somehow, so I'd have to be a little more careful there. I'll probably put this on my list for next spring/summer.
I also made #129 Blouse and #130 Pants from the same BWOF issue and had more success. I bought the batik for the blouse on Philadelphia's Fabric Row and the olive green twill for the pants at JoAnn's. Usually I buy coordinating pieces at the same time. These pieces were not purchased at the same time, but fortunately, the green wasn't hard to match. The batik has so many greens in it, it would probably match anything. Again, I've thoroughly hidden the feature I like the most - the seaming on the blouse - with the print fabric. (This is proving to be a hard lesson for me to learn.) I lengthened the blouse by 1 inch and lengthened the crotch by 1 inch. This brings the waistband a little higher on my body.