Sunday, July 27, 2014

Finished: KwikSew 3586

I've sewn this pattern at least 159,375 times. If I had a nickel for every time I've made this blouse, I could buy the Bernina 710 and Horn Cabinet I'm currently coveting.  Well … maybe I'm overstating the number of time I made this blouse, but it certainly feels like 159,375 times.  However, this time is noteworthy because I may have finally learned a lesson that continues to be extremely difficult for me.  I made the correct fabric/pattern match-up!  Of course, this was a no-brainer.  Oxford cloth - oxford shirt.  But, I'm still taking credit for it.

Pattern Description
Short sleeved shirt with yoke

Pattern Sizing
1x - 4x;  The design is available in Misses size range; KwikSew 3555

Fabric Used
Oxford cloth.  This cotton oxford cloth was almost as much fun to sew as linen.  It was very easy to press.

Construction
This blouse is very easy to sew, even if you haven't sewn it 159,375 times.  The instructions contain the method for sewing a standard yoke mentioned in the previous post.

I modified the "finger felling" shirt tail hem technique demonstrated by Pam Howard.  My modification involved pinning before sewing.  I didn't have the confidence to rely totally on finger felling.  When I make this shirt for the 159,376th time, I'll try to sew the hem without pinning it first.


Conclusion
This short sleeved shirt is certainly more successful than the last short sleeved shirt (McCall's 6932).  I wanted to re-establish a relationship with McVoguerick.  But why should I?  I get better results with other pattern companies – without making a muslin.  I gave McVoguerick a chance and they disappointed me.

10 comments:

  1. And for the 159,375th time, the blouse looks great on you! It is always great to have a TNT pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again,thanks for the reference to Pam Howard's "finger felling" that was a nice tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blouse looks perfect AND you look fabulous in that color! Hadn't seen Pam's video. Thanks for the link. I'll give that method a try next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job and a great color.

    Ernestine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great fit on you. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, added this pattern to my stash when you sewed it before. So happy to have it before it goes oop and I do plan to sew it when I someday get back into the sewing room. This is my favorite and most worn type of shirt and though I have many frou frou styled tops I like this type the most. I even wear them over a tank as a jacket when the weather is suitable for layering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! that color looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why use them indeed? This top is fantastic. I hope I can get a woven shirt pattern to fit me someday.

    ReplyDelete