After lengthy cogitation (I love that word!), I concluded the problem with the discarded dresses was the poor fabric choices I'd made. Choosing the best fabric for a project continues to be a problem for me. The few dresses from my closet that I didn't throw out were made from solid or nearly solid fabrics. So, with that in mind, I made the following choices:
Another dress in my queue is my Mother of the Bride Dress. After an initial misstep in fabric selection, I have made the following assignment:
I hope I've made better fabric choices with these dresses. I don't want to throw these dresses away next year when I do my closet change-over.