Sunday, May 11, 2008

I've Been Tagged

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and acknowledge who tagged you.

Sherril has tagged me. I’m not reading anything at the moment and all of my unread books are upstairs. So, I closed my eyes and randomly chose a book from the bookcase next to my desk.

An Ordinary Woman by Donna Hill

“You think I don’t know how broken up you were after Steven … and Carl? Of course I do. It wasn’t easy for you. It’s never easy for a woman to lose the man she loves.”

Wow. How shallow. How cliché. Maybe I need to up my game and read something with more “literary merit” (to quote DD's English teacher). Nahhh. I read for the same reason I sew – to relax and escape from the grind of daily living.

Everyone I know has already been tagged. As a matter of fact, I was beginning to feel left out because no one tagged me. It seems this game has run it’s course, but it’s been fun reading everyone’s contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment